Sector: Electronics / Electrical Equipment
Our client is a Multinational company specialized in small appliance. They are looking for a Senior Product Development Manager (based in Shenzhen).
Perimeter: Finished goods Consumer Electric
DEVELOPMENT OVERALL ACTIVITY:
• Enhance the Asia team competency on product and project management to establish project autonomy in Sourcing Asia,
• Lead and manage cross functional team involving Purchasing, Technical and Industrial process, Quality and Supply Chain, in order to drive projects and achieve all deliverables and integral performance,
• Assess supplier’s business direction, technical know-how and exchange internally for product development strategy,
• Evaluate supplier’s capability and capacity in product development field and allocate appropriate resources accordingly to ensure timely project launch.
DEVELOPEMENT PROCESS PER PROJECT TYPE:
• Take the lead role on delegated projects from project creation to end of product life,
• Manage locally all processes in term of product and technical management,
• Keep responsibility on all project issues of cost, quality, delivery and supplier management with the support from other functional teams.
ORGANIZATION, RESSOURCES AND PROCESSES:
• Define and apply processes, with a systemic approach with the development team. Review these processes regularly,
• Define the organization of development team and set up all departments KPIs related to product and project management,
• Define the resources required to fulfil product development capacity plan, allocate resources efficiently to each process,
• Define improvement area and increase local expertise on products and technical knowhow to support the development.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree;
• At least 10 years of experience with Team management (up to 10 direct reports);
• Strong leadership, assertive, with highly effective influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills and the ability to manage relationships amongst internal and external stakeholders;
• Experience in leading projects at international level, previous experience in working with Mainland Chinese;
• Fluent English and Mandarin, French or German is a plus.