Our client, a French company which provides sourcing solutions to our clients in food products, hard lines and soft lines, is looking for a Regional Textile Quality Manager, to join its team.
- In charge of textile QA, QC, and fitting
- Direct reports: 1 French manager in Dhaka, 1 fitting manager and 1 QA Supervisor in HK.
- Team size: total 24 employees, 1 QA team in HK, 1 fitting team in HK, 1 department in Dhaka (with QA, inspectors and fitting engineers)
- Responsible for developing, revising and implementing textile quality standards and policies across the regional textile offices within the company.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and consistently meet the required European and international quality standards.
- Manage QA/QC team and fitting team in Hong Kong and Bangladesh, and monitor the performance and costs of third party laboratories and inspection companies.
- Handle claims and complaints with customers and suppliers.
- University degree or above in fabric/textile technology.
- At least 3 years working in international inspection company or in the textile quality department of well-known sourcing companies, international trading or buying offices.
- At least 4 years in managerial level with experience of managing a team.
- Knowledge of European and other international safety requirements and norms applicable to the related products.
- Experience in quality controls, factory audits and products development.
- Good command of basic production processes such as spinning, weaving, knitting, and confection.
- Expertise in dyeing and finishing processes, fabric performance and compliance standards (woven and knit fabrics)
- Technical knowledge of garment measurement, fitting, construction and workmanship.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- French-spoken is an advantage.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications, esp. Excel (pivot table)
- Good leadership skills, more specifically in influencing all levels of management and driving complex situations and projects to the desired outcome
- Confident in making decisions, dynamic and creative problem solver.
- Capable of working independently on multi-tasking, target-driven and self-motivated
- High sense of ethics and integrity, honest, dedicated, systematic and initiative.
- Immediately available preferred.