Our client is a food importer and distributor that operate in more than 40 countries globally, with an expertise in the APAC and African markets. Over the latest years, the company has been rapidly expanding and opened offices in Singapore and Vietnam.
They are looking for an Area Business Developer to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers, and manage existing customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- Suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role in Food Industry or Food and Commodity Trading
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Netsuite)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- English Speaking person is a must
- French speaking person is preferred