We are looking for a new Director of Operations in Asia Pacific.
The main purpose is to boost the sales (both retail and wholesale) in the area whilst strengthening the brand values, customer orientation and financial accountability in all areas of the job.
Predominantly a Sales & Marketing Director’s position in charge of both the retail and the wholesale operations in the Asia-Pacific territory in line with the strategy set by our CEO.
This position involves overseeing the entity’s daily operations and managing the teams in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Taipei.
The primary goal of the position is to grow our business while building the brand throughout the territory. Maintaining the highest standards of luxury brand management is also part of the position.
1. Retail Operations
- Responsible for sales performance and P&L for the our four stores located in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Taipei
- Implement a selling strategy, quality and customer service oriented, based on marked trends, sales objectives and inventory control; ensure all sales teams fully understand and apply this strategy
- Keep store managers aware of, and striving to meet, all sales budgets on a monthly and weekly basis
- Direct and monitor all visual standards and coordination of all visual campaigns from corporate
- Work, in conjunction with store managers and the Financial Controller, on all buys and inventory management and reorders for the individual stores, taking into account the independence of the store managers in managing their business
- Oversee the custom division in accordance with store management
- Ensure all sales activity and reports are processed according to our procedures
- Work with the regional and store managers to ensure that all budgets are met in regard to cost structure and sales
- Work with regional and store managers in managing all operations within our organization, particularly our production site based in Europe
- Lead and convey the high standards in running our store
- Handle relationships with landlords and mall management in regard to leases and day to day operations of each retail location
- Maximize stock positions between all locations for maximum sales and turn
- Manage all real state issues, including rents and maintenance, to budget
- Ensure all stores are complying with proper security and safety local regulations and our requirements.
- Ultimately, be responsible for the compliance to all local and legal requirements in terms of business administration, communication, human resources, finance, property management, transportation, workplace policies and procedures and sales
- Hire and manage the store personnel, supervise trainings as to product knowledge, visual merchandising display standards, selling techniques and customer service in line with our standards
- Identify business opportunities and propose development plan, including lease management, for our new stores set to open in the territory
- Supervise hiring, training and management of the store manager(s) in the territory
- Partner with the CEO and HRD to manage Talents and skills in the region; oversee assignment of employees and plan staff development; manage annual reviews and monthly payroll operations
- Roll-out the company corporate values and business procedures
- See that monthly reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner with adequate analysis and recommendations
- Prepare Annual budgets and re-estimates to submit to CEO
- Monitor and control all T/E and travel budgets for each location
- Manage a Financial Controller based in Hong Kong
2. Wholesale operations
- Grow the business within existing accounts locations
- Develop new business and sales in high end luxury retail stores; manage and grow existing partnerships with concessionaires and wholesale customers including Lane Crawford
- Establish contacts at executive management level when searching for new partners, particularly concessionaires in key domestic and travel retail markets
- Lead in establishing corporate identity and conveying visual merchandising display standards to all our partners
- Act as our ambassador to the retail community; work with existing customers, prospective customer’s opinion leader and the media in representing the brand
- Effectively convey to all our accounts all marketing changes and innovations as the brand evolves. Examples of this would include direction in advertising, website development, changes in catalogue distribution, etc.
- Adhere to all wholesale cost budgetary guidelines put forth in each calendar year
- Manage all shipping logistics in getting the product to the door of each customer
- Manage a strong relationship with freight forwarding companies utilized by us
- Build develop and maintain a positive working relationship with commercial, marketing and other employees within the organization
- Train, motivate and support all shoe management and sales people at all our wholesale locations
- Pay a special attention in establishing new accounts in regard to product knowledge and visual standards
3. Communication and Public Relations
- Roll out of our communication strategy each season so as to convey a clear understanding of our product/marketing strategy throughout all OUR stores and wholesale accounts
- Ensure all communication and operational marketing events are executed effectively
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Run press review meetings introducing the line each season, being our press local contact to the Press
- Identify a Press agency to represent us
- Communicate the buy each season and driving our buy with media exposure
- Monitor the communication budget on a monthly basis in relation with the CEO and the Marketing Manager
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in a sales development role, preferably at the level of Commercial Director with experience in managing teams; proven sales development experience is required;
- Knowledge of the luxury leathergood or menswear industry is important;
- Creative strategist with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- A strong work ethic and business acumen;
- High level of initiatives with the ability to self-manage work load and deadlines and define priorities;
- Leadership skill;
- Loyal and positive attitude;
- Great communication skills: written and oral English; Chinese Mandarin or Cantonese is a plus; outstanding interpersonal abilities;
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis;
- In-depth understanding of business & retail administration (P&L, budget, stock and inventories etc.).
- Digital Sales & Marketing competencies: customer engagement strategy, data driven retail marketing and CRM, e-commerce, social networks with a focus on WeChat