We are a vineyard and lifestyle investment and management company, based in Hong Kong and founded in 2012 to invest in exclusive vineyards and other lifestyle assets (mostly active in Burgundy, but also Bordeaux, Champagne, and the Rhône Valley).
We are hiring for the position of Analyst, based in Hong Kong.
The Analyst will work closely and directly with the chief executive officer and an associate, assisting them in all matters relating to the Company and its operations. Particular areas of responsibility include:
- preparing marketing documents and materials, including general presentation documents;
- maintaining the Company’s databases, including those for price history, transaction history, “pipeline”, client files, Company’s files, transaction files, etc.;
- accompanying the chief executive officer and the associate to certain meetings with clients, winemakers and advisors, and over time participating in certain business travel;
- interacting with colleagues and staff of our Group, both in Hong Kong and other offices;
- participating in our events when possible.
Investment and project related:
- performing studies and analysis of feasibility and attractiveness of new business and investment opportunities in vineyards and wineries, principally in France, and other lifestyle assets;
- preparing pre-investment documents such as “teasers”, investment memoranda, as well as post-investment documents for investor briefing, winemaker lease management, etc.;
- building financial, accounting, and tax models for potential and on-going investments and projects;
- drafting, reviewing and editing transaction related documents;
- monitoring existing investments: overseeing monthly cash flows, supervising wine bottle shipment/movements, being in contact with winemakers and their accounting teams, etc.
Interactions with external parties:
- with advisors, legal and financial, both in Asia and in Europe: coordinating on various matters, organizing and attending meetings and teleconference calls, preparing briefing and follow-up documents;
- with investors and winemakers: participating in meetings and in email correspondence as required.
The candidate should:
- have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in accountancy / audit, the finance division of large luxury goods groups, or a finance-related field;
- have a strong interest in and basic knowledge of fine wines and their industry and actors;
- be fluent in English and French;
- preferably possess Chinese language fluency, though not necessary;
- be very pro-active, independent, have a good sense of analysis and strong team spirit, and be a hard worker with high ethical standards;
- demonstrate an ability to interact and deal with “ultra-high net worth” individuals;
- master the use of Microsoft Office tools.