Sector: Cosmetics and Healthcare
Location: Asia; exact location to be confirmed but preferably Tokyo.
Reporting line: Asia Pacific Director, Hong-Kong
Our Group is a European pharmaceutical company structured into three complementary activities covering drugs, healthcare, and cosmetics. Company invests massively in R&D in response to public health challenges and delivers innovative solutions in the area of anti-cancer drugs, dermatologic medicine and oral care.
We are now looking for a Marketing Development Manager for Asia Pacific, a newly created position that aims at better understanding the local needs of the various Asian markets and at coordinating the product development processes for the region in interaction with the HQ Market Intelligence Services, the global marketing & regional marketing teams, the various Asian subsidiaries and the regional R&D center.
This position requires a good sense in areas as diverse as marketing, innovation and product development. It will be exposed to a large variety of tasks including following main duties:
Market Analysis & Consumer Science:
- In coordination with existing and relevant internal departments:
- Quantitative analysis of the various markets in the region with HQ Market Intelligence Services.
- Review of the competitors (global, regional and local) with HQ Market Intelligence Services.
- Understanding of consumer needs & behavior in the region in close collaboration with local teams.
- Identifying / anticipating new consumer demands / trends in the skincare / haircare beauty and dermo-cosmetic categories in close collaboration with Brand / Regional / Local Marketing teams.
- Identification of underpinning technical trends & product innovations in close collaboration with the Asian Innovation Center.
Project Analysis & Proposals:
- According to market analysis and market needs detailed evaluation of a project’s market potential:
- Via strong interaction with local subsidiaries
- Via market analysis
- Via review of the competitive environment
- Via customer survey & panel review
- Via regulatory department inter-action
- Via analysis of prospective return on investment
- Proposal of new product:
- Development and construction of project positioning & briefs including price positioning upon agreement of HQ Market Intelligence Services
Project follow-ups ; Pre and post launch :
- Remain updated of all projects in development through inter-action with all relevant departments and at all stages of the Product Development.
- Re-evaluation of project rationales at the various steps of the projects if needed and adjustment with Global (including HQ Market intelligence Services) and Regional Marketing teams.
- Inter-action with Regional / Local teams and the relevant Brand to ensure that all necessary marketing, PR, Sales, Training and Merchandising tools are developed (principally by the brands).
- Post launch Marketing and Financial analysis in collaboration with the different country Head and teams.
Skills & Requirements:
- Double Major in Science and Business ideally degree in science + MBA.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of cosmetics preferably in the field of marketing development or/and operational marketing.
- Strong knowledge of the Region with previous experiences preferably in Japan, Korea, China or Taiwan.
- Innovative & technical thinking.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work in a highly multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English in business and technical fields (French would be a plus).
- Knowledge of a or several regional language(s) such as Japanese, Mandarin or Korean
- Good presentation skills.