Our client, a not-for-profit organisation in Hong Kong, is looking for an Environmental Consultant for a 6 months internship.
The aim of the organisation is to inform the global debate on the topics of climate change and environmental degradation.
This internship is an exciting opportunity to join the founding team of a philanthropic organisation with ambitious
goals and a gritty start-up ethos.
Two projects relating to:
a) rising sea levels,
b) monitoring of environmental degradation globally will be launched concurrently.
TASKS & DUTIES
• Bring forward the project by identifying best technical solutions
• Research best practices in relation to the following fields (no particular order): machine learning, AI,
image-learning processes, GIS technology, satellite imagery technology
• Help set up the operations of the Organisation
• May be asked to work with satellite data-sets
• Gather, analyse and repurpose scientific data
• Report to the leaders of the Organisation on progress achieved
• Degree or ongoing studies in Environmental Sciences (environmental anthropology, climatology,
oceanography, bio-marine sciences, geography, cartography and equally relevant fields).
• B.Sc. / Masters and PhDs degrees all qualify. Tasks and duties may vary based on degree of experience
in project management.
• Technical familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is desirable but not essential
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
• Outstanding research skills. Ability to break down complex information and present it to an uninformed
readership with efficacy and impact.
• Proven ability to work under pressure in a multicultural, multi-site environment
• A positive can-do attitude and ability to carry out work independently with minimal supervision are essential
• Willingness to travel and represent the Organisation at selected international gatherings of experts
+852 2294 7706